Monday, August 6, 2012

Capcom VP "would love to tell you more" about Wii U plans...later




Major player Capcom hasn't made any formal announcements about their plans to support the Wii U. It appears that is about to change. In the company's official forums, Capcom's Vice President replied to user inquiries about the system, saying "Some good stuff is coming and I'd love to tell you more...but for now, I have to keep it a surprise."

This comes as no surprise really. Capcom has released games on every one of Nintendo's consoles, with the exception of the ill-fated Virtual Boy. In addition their longstanding support record, Resident Evil producer Masachika Kawata told CVG he'd "love" to do a Resident Evil game for the Wii U, finding the new controller very attractive. Kenji Matsuura, designer of Operation Raccoon City, also chimed in, saying "it certainly would be interesting."

I'd say an RE Wii U game is pretty much a certainty, I can't imagine Capcom turning down the opportunity to tap a new market. Here's hoping they'll also get to work on a Wii U version of Super Street Fighter IV. If they were to add simple combo buttons to the touchscreen the way they did with the 3DS version of the game, I'd certainly appreciate it. I've always had trouble performing some of the super and ultra combos, specifically Guile and Vega's. And judging from all the comments I've seen on YouTube videos, I am not alone.


1 comment:

  1. "Here's hoping they'll also get to work on a Wii U version of Super Street Fighter IV"
    YES please capcom DO IT NOW because I'm not playing the god awful 3ds version!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please be courteous to other readers, and don't use any harsh language. Disrespectful comments will be deleted. Anonymous comments may be flagged as spam.